Summer Pruning Explained
Imagine ... easy pruning techniques for cherry and apricot trees
Pruning is really important, and really hard—or is it? Everything will fall into place when you understand the difference between summer and winter pruning, and know how to successfully summer prune the right fruit trees.
$19.00 incl. GST
Pruning your fruit trees every year keeps them fruitful, improves fruit quality, and makes sure the fruit grows where you can reach it.
But there's a LOT to learn before you can feel confident—which trees should be pruned in summer, is it OK to prune a tree with leaves on it, and what does a fruit bud even look like?
This short course will answer all those questions and more, and by the end of it you'll have a thorough understanding of why it's best to prune some trees in summer (but not others), and have the confidence to do it yourself using our 10 Key Pruning Principles (in unit 3a).
What's included in this short course:
- Unit 1: Switch on to summer pruning (article)
- Unit 2a: Prune while youre thinning (video)
- Unit 2b: Prune diseased wood while you're thinning (article)
- Unit 3a: Summer prune your apricots and cherries (article)
- Unit 3b: Summer prune your apricots and cherries (audio)
- Unit 3c: Summer prune your apricots and cherries (article)
- Unit 4: Prune a mature apricot tree (video)