Build a Worm Farm and Harness the Power of the Worm
Powerhouse workers in your garden
Worms are amazing at creating rich nutrition for your fruit trees. Earthworms (in the soil) and compost worms (in your compost farm) play different - but equally important - roles in helping you grow nutrient-rich fruit. This course will show you how to harness the power of worms to rapidly turn your waste into nutrient-rich soil.
$19.00 incl. GST
There are two sorts of worms that are fantastic workers in your garden—earthworms, and compost worms. This module will teach you the difference and help you understand their needs, including what they like to eat (and what they don’t!), and the relationship between worms and microbes.
Discover different types of worm farms, how to choose the right one for you, and how to set it up.
You’ll also learn how to keep your worm farm happy and problem-free and how to harvest and use worm castings.
What’s included in this module:
- Unit 1a: Discover amazing worms (article)
- Unit 1b: Do a worm survey of your garden (activity)
- Unit 2: Build worm farm (video)
- Unit 3: We love our willing workers (video)
- Unit 4: Build a worm farm (article)
- Unit 5: Earth worms & worm farms (article)
- Unit 6: Secrets to a happy worm farm (video)