Get the juice on growing and preserving organic cherries
Cherries are tiny taste bombs! They are one of the most health-giving fruits to grow, not to mention the most delicious! Find out how easy it is to care for your cherry trees, and how to fill your pantry with delicious cherry treats.
$14.00 incl. GST
Cherries are synonymous with holidays, summer and Christmas in Australia. In days gone by, many families shared a valued tradition of picking and eating cherries together in summer, but now they're a rarity in the home garden, despite being one of the most expensive fruits to buy due to their very short season. This may be because cherries have a reputation for being fiddly, fussy trees that need perfect conditions!
In fact, cherries are relatively easy to grow when you know what to do, and will reward good pruning with regular and consistent crops.
After doing this course you'll understand how (and when) to prune your cherry tree, what to do about the dreaded Pear and Cherry Slug, and how to choose the right time to pick your cherry crop. It also includes detailed guidelines for pitting, freezing, drying and bottling your cherries, and recipes for pickling, jam and juice.
What's included in this course:
- Unit 1a: Summer prune your apricots and cherries (article)
- Unit 1b: Summer prune your apricots & cherries (audio)
- Unit 2: Spotlight on earwigs & garden weevils (article)
- Unit 3: Picking care & storage of cherries (article)
- Unit 4: Preserve cherries for health (article)
- Unit 5: Make a cherry pitter with a fork (activity)