Protect Fruit from Pesky Pests
Strategies to stop pests from damaging your fruit
Pests that eat fruit are a fruitgrower's nightmare! You've put a lot of love and energy into growing perfect fruit, now it's absolutely vital to learn simple strategies in place to make sure YOU get to eat it, and not the pests!
$19.00 incl. GST
Fruit is sweet and delicious, that's why we grow it, right? Unfortunately there are lots of insect pests who agree, and want to use OUR fruit as their food source.
Crawling insects like earwigs, flying insects like carpophilus beetles, insects that lay their eggs in our fruit like fruit fly, or insects that suck out your fruit's life juices like Rutherglen or harlequin bugs—they have many different ways of eating it, but the end result is the same—they wreck our fruit!
It's easy to find advice to kill pests with chemicals, but there are many reasons that's a bad idea—it's putting poison on your food, it kills predator insects (who eat the pests), it damages the environment, and rather than making the problem go away, it makes it come back worse than ever the following year.
Over a long career as organic orchardists, we've come up with solutions and strategies to let you successfully grow organic fruit without needing to use chemicals at all. After doing this course you'll have at your fingertips a range of tips, techniques and principles for growing a thriving organic garden where the pests are naturally controlled, and your fruit is safe!
What's included in this course:
- Unit 1: Keep insect pests out of your trees (article)
- Unit 2: Spotlight on apple dimpling bug (article)
- Unit 3: Spotlight on earwigs & garden weevils (article)
- Unit 4: Protect nectarines from earwig damage (video)
- Unit 5: Look what we found under the cherry trees (video)
- Unit 6: Spotlight on carpophilus beetle (article)
- Unit 7: Spotlight on Rutherglen & harlequin bugs (article)
- Unit 8: Spotlight on fruit fly (article)