Learn to Diagnose Your Fruit Trees
Read what your trees are telling you about disease, nutrition and the seasons
Tune into nature and learn to read what your fruit trees are telling you.
This free but underutilised technique of learning what to look for (and when) will give you the "heads up" about key ways to care for your fruit trees in every season before the problems happen.
$19.00 incl. GST
Fruit growing is not rocket science. In fact it's pretty simple, as most jobs are seasonal, repetitive, or in response to triggers or signals from your trees.
Gardeners of yore were experts at timing their garden jobs based just on observation and experience, but the rapid growth of cities and fast food has meant that most of us are disconnected from the seasons and can't read nature's signposts.
This course will tune your eyes, ears and heart into the story of nature that is constantly unfolding around you. Plus you'll get some simple tools to help you know what to look for, record your findings, and build up a deep sense of 'knowing' how your garden is going based on personal experience.
What's included in this course:
- Unit 1a: Monitor for pests, diseases and nutritional deficiencies (article)
- Unit 1b: Learn how to monitor your fruit trees (activity)
- Unit 2a: Using your Fruit Tree Diary in spring (article)
- Unit 2b: Using your Fruit Tree Diary (activity)
- Unit 2c: Fruit Tree Diary (resource)
- Unit 3a: Monitor for budswell (video)
- Unit 3b: Monitor for budswell (activity)
- Unit 4: What to look for in spring (article)
- Unit 5: Welcome to spring in our organic orchard (video)
- Unit 6: Record when your fruit trees flower (activity)
- Unit 7: Notice the feedback from your garden (article)
- Unit 8: Summer review of your garden (activity)
- Unit 9: Birth of a peach (video)