Smart Irrigation for Fruit Trees
Be a wise water warrior
Grow amazing fruit with a sensible amount of water. Sound good? Then throw the "rules" out the window and get back to basics: learn how to adjust water needs for different aged trees, understand how weather affects water use, and set up an easy watering system.
Save water, save money and save yourself some work!
$19.00 incl. GST
Too little water, and your trees won't thrive and might drop their fruit. Too much, and it's easy to flush the nutrients away from the root zone, or even kill your trees.
No matter what climate you live in, water is a major issue. But where will the water come from? How will you get it to the trees? How much do the trees need, and how often? How do you build resilience into your system right from the start? How do you grow more fruit without your water bills going through the roof?
Having the watering sorted is one of the key factors that will help you grow healthy trees and really excellent and delicious fruit. When you've completed this module you'll know how to figure out your tree's water requirements at different times of year and understand soil moisture monitoring. Best of all? You'll be able to grow more fruit with less water, less time and less effort!
What's included in this module:
- Unit 1: Eight key watering principles (article)
- Unit 2a: How much water do fruit trees need? (article)
- Unit 2b: How much water do fruit trees need? (audio)
- Unit 2c: Write your water management plan (activity)
- Unit 3: Do my trees need a drink? (article)
- Unit 4: Soil moisture monitoring (article)
- Unit 5: Watering your trees without a drip irrigation system (article)
- Unit 6: Do you use drippers? (video)
- Unit 7: Do my trees need watering in autumn? (article)
- Unit 8a: Review your watering system (article)
- Unit 8b: Review your watering system (audio)
- Unit 8c: Improve how you water your fruit trees (activity)
- Unit 9a: Set up a drip irrigation system (article)
- Unit 9b: Set up a drip irrigation system (audio)