Get fruit growing with the
Grow Great Fruit
….Key program features ….
- Comprehensive weekly eclasses
- Unlimited one-on-one phone consultations
- Searchable Fruit Tree Database
- Free access to our series of e-books
- A list of ‘Jobs This Week’ activities
- Full access to members’-only website with resources
- Weekly video or audio lessons
- Searchable index of eclass topics
- Regular free online masterclasses with guest experts
- Monthly online Q&A sessions
- Email help desk
You’ve probably invested in buying trees,
planting a garden, maybe even buying land or a house.
Or you’re a professional gardener wanting to provide excellent results for your clients.
And now you’re ready to stop wasting time with getting poor results, year after year.
There’s a huge amount to know about growing fruit. Getting the garden design right, finding the right location for your trees, choosing the right varieties, trying (often unsucessfully) to prevent pest damage, protecting the fruit from weather, worrying about diseases, knowing how to prune…the list is endless.
And then there’s the mystery disasters! Have you experienced fruit splitting, falling off or failing to grow? Leaves suddenly covered with spots, or bugs? Trees dying for no apparent reason?
And of course bird attacks, the occasional hailstorm, droughts, heatwaves and rain all take their toll. We’ve been growing organic fruit on our farm in central Victoria (Australia) for almost 20 years, so we’ve seen it all. If you’ve been through even a fraction of these problems, we feel your pain! Even for experienced gardeners it can be very frustrating, and sometimes it just all seems too hard.
But don’t give up!!
As professional fruit growers, we’ve had to find solutions to all these problems – and over the years, we’ve also learned how to prevent many of them happening in the first place. It’s how we make our living, so our livelihood has depended on it!
Introducing the Grow Great Fruit Home-Study Program
The Grow Great Fruit Home-Study Program shows you step-by-step what to do, with weekly lessons that are appropriate for the time of year.
It’s a detailed, in-depth year-long program with the support you need so you know exactly what to do every week throughout the entire year! (But don’t worry, it’s easy to understand even if you’re a complete newbie.)
The program includes all the basic information in our Organic Short Course including, at no cost, our 4 Grow Great Fruit Guide ebooks, plus our Organic Resource Kit, containing 4 amazing bonus tools that professional fruit growers use to help them succeed.
But the Grow Great Fruit Program goes way beyond the Short Course to provide a whole new level of support and training, including:
- A list of ‘Jobs This Week’ activities.
- Full access to members’-only website with resources, members’ forum, and access to downloads.
- Loads of preserving techniques, and lots of fruit recipes.
- Unlimited one-on-one phone consultations, starting with a ‘getting to know you’ call as soon as you’re ready.
- Regular masterclasses with experts on topics of interest to our members.
- Create a personalised Management Plan to suit your exact conditions; your garden, your trees and your climate. Once you have it, you can use the same plan every year.
- A question-and-answer section on the members’-only website with answers to frequently asked questions
- Regular segments on getting to know common weeds and put them to good use as medicines, foods and companion plants in the garden.
- Email help desk
- Video and audio lessons to suit those with different learning styles.
- Access to our exclusive searchable Fruit Tree Database with hundreds of varieties, listing growing characteristics, pollination, where in the world they will grow, chilling hours requirements, blossom times, and harvest times. The database is constantly updated with valuable information about varieties and as a member you’ll have the opportunity to add to the database and share your growing knowledge with other members.
- Detailed case studies where some of our members share their stories about how they’ve taken the information learned in the program and turned it into successful fruit harvests—inspiring stuff!
- Spotlights on all the most common pests and diseases, because the more we know about our enemies, the easier it is to get the better of them!
- Monthly online get-togethers with members to answer questions, give feedback, suggest new topics.
Join now and you’ll receive our 4 fruit-growing ebooks FREE!
Get our 4 detailed ebooks that cover in detail the main topics that fruit growers use to help them succeed.
What’s that Spot?
This handy ebook will help you identify and treat more than 25 common diseases and conditions of deciduous fruit trees, including strategies for avoiding all the common diseases like Brown rot, Black spot (Apple scab) and Blossom blight. Colour photos will help you identify your fruit tree problems, and clear descriptions of the disease, its lifecycle and a range of strategies for preventing and avoiding each condition will help you keep your trees healthy and productive.
The guide includes:
- tips for avoiding damage to your fruit from sunburn, frost and nutritional problems
- the keys to preventing fungal diseases
- how to make your own organic sprays
- recommended spray schedules for each type of fruit (with great tips about when to spray, and more importantly – when not to!)
- demystifying different types of sprayers and tips for choosing the right one to suit you
- the eight key steps to keeping your fruit trees healthy
- 69 pages, more than 100 high-definition colour photos
- RRP $39.95
What’s bugging my fruit?
Features more than 15 common pests of deciduous fruit trees including a description of each pest (with photos), the type of damage it does, its lifecycle, what to look for, and a range of strategies for prevention, control and treatment. It includes Aphids, Codling moth, Earwigs, Borer, Pear and cherry slug and Harlequin bugs, as well as lots of other insect pests that might be causing trouble in your trees!
The guide also covers:
- the 8 key steps to organic pest control
- identifying predator insects
- demystifying common “off-the-shelf” organic insecticides
- how to make your own organic insecticides
- more than 40 pages, over 60 high-definition colour photos
- RRP $39.95
Pruning by numbers
Based on more than 20 years’ experience of growing deciduous fruit trees, including apricots, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, apples and pears. It’s based on the idea that when it comes to pruning there’s no right or wrong, just pruning cuts and consequences. Like all our teaching resources, we think it’s more useful to teach basic principles so you can learn how to apply them in any situation.
- Starts with the parts of a fruit tree, basic aims of pruning, and the 10 Key Pruning Principles. We talk you through making a decision about what shape you want your tree to be, and give clear, concise instructions about the different types of pruning.
- Then we get into even more nitty gritty with step-by-step pruning instructions for how to prune the different types of fruit trees, explain the difference between summer and winter pruning, and cover the popular topic of dwarf trees.
- RRP $49.95
Water for fruit
- Based on a few simple principles:
- Diversity of supply = resilience, so create multiple water sources if possible: tank, grey water, reticulated, dam, bore.
- The most efficient water storage is your soil, so create healthy soil with high organic matter levels, and plan your garden to maximise water soaking and minimise runoff.
- The more automatic your watering system, the better.
- Plan your watering system with the capacity to provide enough water for mature trees with a full load of fruit in drought conditions.
- Check, repair and improve system each year.
- RRP $24.95
Grow Great Fruit Home Study Program FAQ:
Q: How can the program give seasonally appropriate information to gardeners in both the southern and northern hemispheres at the same time? It’s winter here when it’s summer there!
A: Here’s our secret—there’s two versions of the program, one for the southern hemisphere (Australia and New Zealand), and one for the northern hemisphere (USA). If you live in Australia, you’ll get exactly the right information about how to look after your trees in the first week of summer—in the first week of summer! If you live in the United States, in that same week you’ll be getting the right info about how to look after your trees in the first week of winter. Be sure to sign up for the right program!
Q: How soon will I experience results?
A: Well, of course fruit growing is seasonal, and fruit trees only produce one crop a year. But your fruit trees need different jobs doing all through the year, especially when we’re talking about building healthy soil, planting trees and that sort of thing. So what we find is that people start getting more confidence immediately, from the first week, because the information you get that first week, and then every week, is the right information for that time of year. So you don’t have to wait a whole year to get the information you need and see if the system is going to work, you get the right information each week. The confidence seems to start building pretty quickly.
Q: Can I share the Grow Great Fruit Home-Study Program with my partner?
A: Of course you can share it with your family, it’s often easier and more fun to put this into action if you’re working with someone else. However, we would ask that you don’t share the information outside your own family, because we only have the capacity to provide the personalized one-on-one help to our members.
Q: What happens when I click on the “Buy Now” button?
A: That will take you to Clickbank, who we use as our payment gateway because they offer a really secure service, and it means your payment details are secure. (They also administer the money-back guarantee that we offer.) Once you’ve made your initial payment, you’ll be transferred to the Members’ Page of the Grow Great Fruit website. From there you can download the free gifts, get your first e-class, check out our online members’ resources, and make an appointment for your very first call with us if you’re ready.
Q: Will I get value if I only have a few trees?
A: Yes indeed! You’re one of the main people we had in mind when we wrote the program and in fact you can get the most value out of the program, because the less trees you have, the more important it is that you get good results. If you have a lot of trees you can more easily carry mistakes and failures, because you’ll probably still get some fruit, but if you have less than 10 trees, say, it’s much more important to really get those trees really productive and fruitful as fast as possible, so you’re getting a good return on the time you put into them.
Q: Does the program finish after one year?
A: Many of our members choose to stay beyond the first year because they find the weekly reminders about what jobs they should be doing really useful, and want continued access to us for consultations as they gain skills and confidence. It’s essentially a year-long program, but we have many members who have chosen to stay with us for more than two years, and even a few life members! You make monthly payments to us, so as soon as you feel like you have the skills and confidence to proceed by yourself, just stop your payments and we’ll remove you from the program.
Q: Do you do site visits?
A: We’d love to, but with members all over the world, it’s not a service we can offer. However the one-on-one consultations can work in kinda the same way. We encourage you to send through photos, questions, maps, and even videos of your place before your consultation so we can get prepared, and then if we do the consultation on Skype, you can take us into your garden or orchard on your smart phone or other device (as long as your signal is good enough), so we can look at specific trees. We’ve conducted many ‘virtual’ pruning lessons that way!
Join now and we'll also include our Organic Resource Kit FREE!
Get these 4 resources that fruit growers use to help them succeed.
Fruit tree diary
Do you have trouble remembering from year to year what happened in your garden? One of the key strategies we teach is how to become a garden ‘detective’ – for example, if you can figure out whether your lack of crop was caused by frost or disease, you’re half way to finding the solution! This is the perfect tool to keep track of your fruit trees, year after year. This is the tool that professional growers use to improve their performance, adapted to help you achieve the same success. You’ll be guided how to monitor and record all the key dates and events in the life of your fruit tree.
Fruit tree garden planner
The Grow Great Fruit program is all about planning your garden so that it can provide you and your family with as much fruit as you want. This planner walks you through the process of planning your fruit tree garden to meet your needs, including:
- deciding which types of fruit trees – and how many of each type – you need
- choosing the right varieties for your garden, climate and purpose
- designing your perfect fruit tree garden
Simple pruning guide
Are you struggling to make decisions about how to prune your fruit trees? Do the trees in your garden look different to the ones in the gardening books you read? This simple pruning guide is set up for you to print and laminate, or to load onto your smartphone for easy reference whenever you’re outside with secateurs in hand.
- The 10 basic pruning principles that apply to every fruit tree and make pruning easy
- How to establish ‘vase’-shaped trees in your garden for ease of care and picking, and maximum productivity
- How to prune young trees when you plant them to set your fruit trees up properly from the word go
- Maintenance pruning – the 6 steps to keeping your established trees healthy and fruitful
Global climate zone maps
Deciduous fruit trees grow in the temperate zone of every continent in the world (except Antarctica) but some types of trees do better in some zones. No matter where you live in the world, this easy-to-use set of maps allows you to identify your growing zone and other factors that help to take the guesswork out of choosing the right fruit to grow in your area.
- What climate conditions a fruit tree needs to thrive and produce fruit
- Chill hours – what they are, and how they affect deciduous fruit trees
- Climate zones, hardiness zones, and heat zones
- Micro climates, how they affect fruit trees and how to create them to grow fruit trees outside their preferred zone
What’s so great about growing your own fruit?
There are lots of reasons we think fruit growing is great. Here’s just a few of them:
- It’s incredibly satisfying. Knowing you have the skills to grow your own food gives you a great sense of security and satisfaction, and it feels very natural – after all, these are the skills most people had not so long ago.
- It saves you money. We’ll show you how to provide most or all of your family’s fruit supply for a whole year, through a combination of an extended fresh fruit season (up to 6 months) and then using preserving techniques to provide a steady supply of fruit over winter.
- It increases the amount of organic food in your diet. Is the price of organic food a barrier that stops you feeding your family the organic diet you wish they had? Every piece of organic food you can provide from your own garden is another step closer to the perfect healthy diet you want.
- It’s good for your health. Being connected to nature and working outdoors is good for your health, boosts your immune system, lifts your spirits, and gives you valuable exercise.
- It reduces the impact of climate change. Building healthy soil, even on a small scale, has been shown to be one of the most effective ways of reversing the climate changing effects of high carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere. If everyone on the planet grew their own food we could end climate change tomorrow! That’s probably not going to happen, but at least you can be doing your own small bit in the backyard. Plus you’ll be reducing food miles (it’s not far from your garden to your kitchen…).
- It builds life-long skills. You only have to learn these skills once to be able to use them for the rest of your life, and pass them on to your children and grandchildren. But don’t worry, it never gets boring as every new season is a joy of discovery and new lessons as you get into the rhythm of working with Mother Nature.
- It’s fun! Getting out in the garden, getting your hands in the dirt, looking after your trees, then picking your own fruit and sharing it with your family is tremendous fun, a wonderful hobby, and for many, a lifetime passion.
Who are you and why should I listen to you?
If you haven’t met us before, we’re a husband and wife farming team. We’ve being growing fruit on our organic family farm for almost 20 years. Prior to that Hugh worked as a travel writer for Lonely Planet, and Katie ran her own business in the city.
Back when we first came home to the farm, things went pretty well for the first few years. Then the drought hit, and over the next 10 years we had to deal with floods, bird plagues, hailstorms, and pretty much every common pest and disease that fruit trees can suffer from.
Through that entire time, we picked a crop of fruit every single year. About the same time we were going through the drought we also converted to organic production, and as our soil improved and we learned new tricks and tools from every challenge we faced, we found our farm became more and more resilient. We were hooked!
We’ve since gone on to strengthen and grow our farm to make it even more productive. Our customers have been seeing us for years at farmers markets, buying our fruit and tasting the results of our growing techniques. We figure that’s why we get asked so many questions by home fruit growers all the time – because the proof is in the pudding, and when people see us reliably produce a crop of organic fruit year after year they know that whatever we’re doing must work.
These days we love sharing what we’ve learned, and watching other people’s lives change as a result. We’re looking forward to working with you in person and giving you our keys to fruit growing success. We think it’s important for everyone who’s interested in growing their own food to get access to the skills, knowledge, and expertise to help them do it as easily as possible.
*Price excludes GST/TAX
“You will be charged $79 (plus GST/TAX) per month for as long as you remain a member”
We use ClickBank as our payment gateway, giving us – and you – the maximum security and flexibility, and we don’t need to take and safeguard credit card numbers – we figure that’s best left to the professionals. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA.
Still not quite sure if this is for you? Take a look at some of the comments we’re received from others that have used our organic fruit growing training products:
Man I can’t tell you how stoked I am to have come across this course! I’ve been practicing permaculture farming in Middle Georgia for almost 6 years now and have implemented 100’s of fruit trees and shrubs into my system over the years. I’ve taken a permaculture certification course taught by my hero Jeff Lawton (man you Aussies are good!), but that course paints in broad strokes and lacks a specific in-depth teaching of fruit tree growing that I’m looking for. I think this course will make an excellent complement to that or any other permaculture course…especially for those of us who want to take our fruit tree game to the next level. Thank You guys from the bottom of my heart for providing such valuable information at such a reasonable cost!— Yer Fellow Farmer, Edward Mitchell, Honeywood Farms, Georgia, USA.
Who is the training suitable for?
You’ll learn lots from this program if you fit into any of these categories:
- You want to establish a productive orchard as quickly as possible. The program will help you avoid years of making mistakes.
- You’re a garden professional or horticulture/permaculture educator, who wants to offer fruit-tree expertise to your clients or just brush up on your fruit tree skills.
- You’re already growing, or wanting to grow, your own fruit at home, including cherries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums, apples, and pears.
- You’re renting, but have a dream to buy your own house or land. We’ll show you how to grow fruit trees in tubs that you can take with you when you move, how to look after dwarf trees, and how to renovate and look after mature trees even if you don’t know their history. Plus we’ll show you how to grow fruit trees from scratch for next to nothing so you can plant fruit trees at your rental property to enjoy while you live there, without spending your own money on someone else’s garden.
- You look after fruit trees in the community. If you’re part of a school or a community garden, bringing this expertise back to the group can help to turn community goodwill and hard work into a productive outcome.
- You already grow, or are thinking of growing, fruit commercially. Whether you just want to swap your excess fruit at your local food exchange, create some part-time income, or become an organic farmer, the program can easily be scaled up to any size, and has a focus on results. We understand only too well that if your income is depending on fruit growing, you want a result every year.
What’s different about your training?
Lots! Here are the main things we do differently from other information about fruit growing you might find online, on TV, or in magazines or books (and we read and watch everything we can find on the subject):
- The year-long program covers a step-by-step process to create an annual plan for your fruit trees. It’s a very comprehensive program that builds your knowledge and skills in every area of fruit growing, not just a collection of random articles by different authors.
- The information is written by fruit-growing professionals. There’s loads of information out there on the internet, but lots of it is written by gardeners or hobby farmers and so, unlike our information, hasn’t been tested in a commercial settin where it simply has to work.
- We are available to answer your questions personally, whenever you need it. Where else can you get access to experts whenever you need them!
- The information is appropriate to the time it’s given to you. Each week is specific to the season it comes out, so we’re giving you summer pruning information in summer, for example. Fruit growing is seasonal, so we don’t give you a heap of information when you don’t need it.
- We tell you what you need to know, just before you need to know it . We started teaching because we’d been asked so many times how to help people with their fruit trees, and by this time it was already too late for us to help. For example, there’s a small window of time each year when you can prevent Leaf curl in your peach trees – we’ll let you know in advance when to take action.
- Our teaching is clear, logical, and simple. Because of our backgrounds in writing, editing, IT, and small business support, we know how to get our ideas across in an easy-to-understand, systematic way.
- We’re not into the hype of selling. ‘Ra-ra’ selling is simply not our style. We won’t be trying to sell you ‘added extras’ – we’ll just give you down-to-earth information and resources that will help you build real-life, useful skills. We DO want you to be excited by what you’re learning, by the possibilities, and by how your life can change as a result of the program. We DON’T want you to be artificially hyped up and lose momentum as soon as you join up. We teach the way we like to be taught – with clear, simple steps of a proven, successful system, and the opportunity to ask questions regularly.
Money Back Guarantee
To show how confident we are in our course, here’s our 100% 60-day risk-free money back guarantee:
Your investment is completely safe, because we offer a 100% guarantee. If at any time you’re not convinced that the Grow Great Fruit Organic Short Course is awesome value for money (which we doubt), just email us and we’ll give you a prompt and courteous refund. You keep all the FREE bonus gifts. You only pay for 1 week at a time. We use ClickBank, because it offers a secure and trusted payment system. We don’t take your credit card details. Exact details of how to cancel your subscription and get a refund are available at any time on the Members FAQ page. NOTE: This is a downloadable product. This means there is no waiting for shipping and you can get access to the first e-class in minutes from now. You can order at any time, and you’re also welcome to get in touch with us to ask questions about the course at any time (it may take us up to 12 hours to reply, depending on where you’re messaging us from).
*Price excludes GST/TAX
“You will be charged $79 (plus GST/TAX) per month for as long as you remain a member”
We use PayPal as our payment gateway, giving us – and you – the maximum security and flexibility, and we don’t need to take and safeguard credit card numbers – we figure that’s best left to the professionals.
© 2017 Grow Great Fruit