Keep Your Fruit Trees Free from Disease
Identify and prevent diseases that damage fruit trees
Fruit tree diseases are common but often misunderstood, ignored or mistreated—usually because of a simple lack of knowledge. Learn how to identify, prevent and treat common diseases, a basic fruit growing skill that will put you ahead of the pack.
$19.00 incl. GST
The most common diseases that may affect your fruit trees include gummosis, leaf curl, shot hole, and a range of other fungal and viral conditions (there's plenty of other diseases that can also damage the fruit, which are covered in another course). They can make your tree look terrible, and cause a lot of stress and worry, but how serious are they really?
The truth is that some diseases can kill your tree, and others can cause poor performance or stunt the growth of the tree, and those diseases need proper diagnosis, close attention and prevention. But many other diseases may be tolerable and need little or no action.
After completing this short course you'll be able to recognise common diseases of fruit trees and the symptoms they cause. You'll understand when to take action and you'll know what to do; you'll also be relieved to know when you can just relax and let nature take its course.
What's included in this course:
- Unit 1: Spotlight on gummosis (article)
- Unit 2a: Spotlight on leaf curl (article)
- Unit 2b: Monitor for budswell to prevent leaf curl (activity)
- Unit 2c: Monitor for budswell to prevent leaf curl (video)
- Unit 3: Spotlight on shothole (article)
- Unit 4: Spotlight on leaf virus diseases (article)
- Unit 5: Spotlight on silver leaf (article)
- Unit 6: Spotlight on phytophthora root & collar rots (article)